Revision

While editing my memoir from my rough draft and to my final draft, I actually decided to rewrite my memoir completely. I often in the past would just quickly revise and fix minor mistakes in my rough drafts; not making the rough draft much different from the final draft. I decided to read over my previous writing and take many ideas from it, and enhance them. The direction my writing was going in did not change drastically… it was just better directioned. I tried to better “show not tell” the second time around than I did in the first; I tried to draw some pictures out for the reader and to more relate to who may be reading my work. As I read my reviews I realized I should focus mainly on my photography in my memoir, as my rough draft began with talking about music. Though I do love both music and photography, I had much more to say when it came to photography. I also tried to make it less informative and more personal. I think that rewriting it was actually a good plan considering there was somewhat a lot that I wanted to alter, get rid of, etc. I am hoping that my rough draft is more clear and gives a better idea of who I am and what photography means to me.